Thursday, January 10, 2013
New Year Knitting Plans
I've been giving this a bit of thought this week. What would I like to knit and/or accomplish this year? I am also having a bad case of startitis...I want to knit everything. I am only one person, with two hands...
So, here is a bit of a list of things I want to knit or craft in 2013.
- Finish my Route 1 Pullover. I am knitting on this now and it is slow going. I will finish it eventually. There really isn't any hurry.
- I want to finish my Beekeeper's Quilt by the end of this year. I have until June 2014 to finish, technically. My daughter graduates high school and the quilt is her gift.
- I want to knit myself a Rosebud Hat. I even bought some lovely coral-pink yarn to make it.
- I want to make myself an Eternity Cardigan. I bought the pattern and the yarn already.
- I want to knit a lace shawl again...maybe this one, this one, or this one. So many pretty ones to choose from.
- I want to knit cowls lately. I am not sure what my fixation is with them. I will make at least one, soon.
- I should get back into knitting some socks. I knitted two pairs of socks last year and they were footies. I go through phases with knitting socks, I think.
- I rarely make mittens and I should. I think I will make these my holiday 2013 knitting gifts. Everyone gets mittens!
- I'd love to make this cowl...but I hate knitting color work. I should get more comfortable with it and practice on it more, this year.
As far as my designing goes...Well, I have a free pattern being released sometime this month. I will let everyone know when that happens. Ummm...I am working on a secret design now that has an early Spring deadline. I have two designs going into an upcoming knitting book. I have no idea when that will be released. I think that is all I have lined up for now...So, this means I am free to design a few patterns and self-publish them on ravelry. I haven't done that in ages. I have some ideas/sketches already done and will be working on some new designs soon. Exciting stuff.
Oh, there is also an upcoming KAL that I am hosting this Spring...with one of my free patterns. I will aslo share more on this soon.
So, this is my informal list of knitting plans. Some may work out, others will be scratched off. We will have to wait and see...What are you excited to knit this year? Do tell...